Social InequalityView Full Description
LABEL AND ANSWER EACH question IN 250 WORD COUNT
1. Compare and contrast the functionalist view of social stratification and the conflict theory’s view of social stratification. How does social stratification influences the daily interactions of individuals? How do systems of class, based on factors such as prestige, power, income, and wealth, influence your own daily routines, as well as your beliefs and attitudes? Illustrate your ideas with examples.
2. This week we are examining stratification at both the local and global level. For this forum, examine the two collections of photographs linked below then analyze them using the readings and theories on stratification in the U.S. and around the world. Explain why you selected this theory or perspective using specific examples. What similarities or differences did you notice in the photographs? How does this relate to what we have learned this week?
Introduction to Sociology 2e CH. 9&10
The Week 4 Forum meets the following course objectives:
- Apply a sociological perspective to the social world
- Analyze contemporary social issues using the sociological imagination and use sociological theories and concepts to analyze everyday life.
- Describe global stratification.
- Explain social class in the United States.