National Patient Safety Goals Paper
The Joint Commission (JC) is an independent, not-for-profit organization. They accredit and certify more than 19,000 health care organizations, including Long Term Care facilities (LTC) in the United States. The Joint Commission had established, and updates yearly, the National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG).
Your assignment is to choose one of the Long Term Care NPSG’s. Then, research your chosen topic and write a 750 word APA paper. Your paper will include the following information:
- Describe the NPSG you chose and why (Be sure to write in the voice of the third person.)
- Describe the concerns related to this goal.
- What are the consequences to patient safety if the goal is not achieved?
- What are the evidence-based practice solutions you have found in your research?
- Use APA format. Follow the APA example loaded in ANGEL under “course material.”
- Use only peer-reviewed articles published within the past 5 years.
- No Wikipedia
- No .com’s.Only .org, .edu, .gov
- Have a minimum of 3 references.(You may use the NPSG website as one reference).
- Two (2) references must be peer-reviewed and from a reputable NURSING JOURNAL. CINAHL is a good place to start.
- When writing a paper, use only third person. Do not use terms like ‘me,” or “I”.
- You may use as many references as necessary to complete your paper.
Follow the link and choose the Long Term Care goals for 2016.
The link above is an updated link to the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals for Nursing Care Centers. (They have changed the terminology from Long Term Care Centers to Nursing Care Centers.)
Please use the updated information for your NPSG paper.